Thursday, December 18, 2008

When it rains, it pours

So last week I had all those problems with regan throwin tantrums everywhere. Saturday he woke up with a cold, on Sunday Bridgette woke up with one. Yesterday, Regan was upset because Grandma Irwin didn't have time to play with him after school because she had to work. He then started complaining that his ear hurt. I brushed it off thinking he wanted attention from Grandma. He didn't complain when I was in his class yesterday. Then last night he woke up screaming at 9 p.m. saying both his ears hurt really really bad. I looked at his right ear because the tube is still in that one.(the left one fell out about 3wks ago) His ear wasn't draining(a sure sign of infection) so I gave him some Motrin and he fell asleep and then he woke up screaming again at 5:30a.m. This time he had a fever, I gave him more motrin and he slept til about 7. When he got up the right ear was draining so bad I had to keep a cotton ball in it and it still leaked a little. I called the dr and we went at 10. Meanwhile, I am trying to hold him and catch Bridgette so I can get her dressed to get out the door.

At the dr's sure enough Regan has a double ear infection and he missed part of his field trip because of the dr's. I was able to get him to the pizza place in time to make his own pizza and eat with his friends. Before we went to the pizza place I took them to get his script filled and the whole time there all he did was scream that he was in pain. The whole store was looking at me and I felt like crying with him. As we were leaving some lady walked up to Regan and gave him a stuffed moose and told him to feel better soon. That made his day and of course he feels all better now and wants to go to school.

Moral of the story, if your kids tell you their ear hurts, take them to the dr's that day if possible. I am going to try and get some sleep tonight!

No comments: